Sunday, October 17, 2010

Super Pie

Once upon a time, I stumbled upon this wondrous blog post when scouring the whole of Allie's delightful blog.

I laughed. Muchly. I agreed. I disagreed. I wanted a frosting rose. And then I finished reading. And my brain could only think of one thing......Super Pie.

I had to create it. It sounded so good. I too wanted to have rainbows and stars burst out of me when I ate this creation. But how to do it? The pie filling couldn't be too sweet, or the frosting would lose it's power. But it needed to taste delicious enough to be deemed Super. I wanted cake to feature also, as I do really love cake. And then one night, while eating ice cream, with the help of my friend Jackie, I knew how I could create it.

FIRST LAYER: Pastry shell - mmm delicious homemade pastry
SECOND LAYER: Homemade vanilla custard. My first attempt at custard, though I followed the recipe perfectly, was not great, so I made it up the second time and it came out awesome. Hooray for adding condensed milk to things!
THIRD LAYER: Passionfruit Curd - I used this recipe
FOURTH LAYER: Cinnamon vanilla cake
FIFTH LAYER: The most important part.....PINK ICING

Sometimes i'm humble about baked goods....this was not one of those times. It was SOOOO GOOOOOOOD. I'm going to make it again very soon, yum yum yum.



Thank you Allie, for putting this idea in my head. If I could send you Super Pie from Australia without it getting gross, I totally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...