Sunday, August 26, 2012

Being Medieval - 2012 style

The Abbey Medieval Festival is an event I look forward to every year.

There's nothing quite like it. Sword fights, a castle, oil wrestling, gypsies, spiced mead served from a cauldron, venison pie, jousting, toffee apples, camels, cannons, hearty stew, ladies in amazing dresses, knights in shining armour, fire twirling, archery, dancing, stilt walkers, falcons, mulled wine and so much more!

Last year, Stacie and I made dresses, and couldn't face making new ones again this year. So we opted for some sweet headdresses instead. I was really happy with how my horned creation turned out. I got lots of comments, and we were asked for a photo at least 30 times! Fun!


I've become a bit crazed about archery ever since The Avengers came out. I'm intensely attracted to Hawkeye so when given the chance to have a go, I was pretty excited.


Until next year Medieval Festival.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...