Sunday, April 12, 2009

Maera

Maera is the name I gave to my mermaid. I've been drawing a bit more of her, though not as much as I would have liked due to illness, but I'm on the mend now and so able to upload a few things. Her design is subject to change, though I like how it is at the moment. The eel-like tail allows her to swim with the classic mermaid look without having a anatomically incorrect fish tail (which just gets to me) attached to her.

I chose all very sea-like colours for her, as I want her to be seen as belonging to the sea. Her top was originally much more detailed and sea-weedy, but for animation it was going to be easier to simplify it a bit, and just keep it that colour. So here's just a flat colour design of Maera.



I actually think she looks a bit stumpy in this now that I look at it, probably because I ran out of space on the page haha.

Another cool thing about Maera is that when she's interacting with things a different colour to herself, she takes on thier hue ever so slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...